2.5 / 3.0 Intermediate Ladder
Tuesday Evenings 6:00 pm
arrive 20 minutes early
2.5 Description of Skills
- I am mastering keeping score
- I am learning to keep serves in with more consistency (50% or higher)
- I have not yet learned how to effectively dink but am attempting to learn
- I tend to pop the ball up and/or hit the ball out of bounds
- I am working on stroke mechanics for forehand, backhand, volleys & dinks with some increasing accuracy, consistency & pace
- I can sustain longer lasting slow paced rallies
- I sometimes attempt forehand lobs with varying degrees of success
- I am beginning to approach the non-volley zone to hit volleys
- I am beginning to navigate the transition zone and get to the net without getting caught mid-court with some success
- I am learning the importance of the drop shot but use mostly lobs
- My court coverage is weak but improving
- I mostly try to keep the ball in play as opposed to hitting the ball low, with pace or placing the ball
3.0 Description of Skills
- I know how to re-figure the score & who is supposed to serve after losing track.
- I am working to keep the serve deep & and placing the ball to forehand/backhand side of each receiver.
- 75% of my serves are successful (i.e.. not out of bounds).
- I hit deeper and higher service returns to allow time to approach the net.
- I move quickly toward the non-volley zone when I have the opportunity.
- I am learning to use the approach shot & split step to navigate the transition zone without getting caught mid-court.
- I have enough mobility, quickness and hand eye coordination to cover my half of the court.
- I return the ball lower over the net when appropriate.
- I am starting to be more aware of my partners position on the court and moving more as a team.
- I demonstrate improved skill with all the basic shot strokes as well as shot placement.
- I am beginning to use strategy when placing the ball.
- I am starting to use the third shot drop with some success.
- I can sustain a medium length dink rally at the net.
- I can sustain short volley session at the net but have limited ability to place volleys.
- I am not yet thinking about varying the speed of my shots and do not handle returning differing ball speeds consistently.
- I use the forehand lob with some success and attempt backhand lobs.
Dan & Laura Blauvelt
By clicking on the registration link you agree and understand to the ladder rules and skill level of play