3.5 High Intermediate Ladder
Monday Evenings 5:30 pm
arrive 20 minutes early
3.5 Description of Skills
- I demonstrate better placement and depth on serves & return of serves.
- 90% of my serves are successful (in the court)
- I can consistently dink while changing directions from cross court to down the line forehand & backhand
- I consistently execute lobs, forehand & backhand ground strokes, overheads, net volleys and sustained dinking.
- I am starting to execute the half volley shot successfully.
- I can consistently punch volley to back half of the court to keep opponents at the baseline.
- I can sustain a controlled volley exchange at the net with some ability to place the volley shot.
- I incorporate a successful third shot drive when appropriate.
- I can perform a third shot drop from the baseline & use more drop shots to get to the net & or reset the point.
- I move forward with my partner to approach the non volley zone as a team for dinks & volleys.
- I communicate with my partner for court coverage.
- I can communicate effectively with partner to identify different strategies to try to expose opponents’ weaknesses.
- I demonstrate improved control on forehand & backhand groundstrokes : direction, speed & height.
- I’m working to minimize unforced errors.
- I use offensive lobs effectively (to break a dinking rally or get to the net).
- My control & consistency has improved when adjusting to different ball speeds.
- I am learning to recognize and anticipate opponents’ shots.
- I exhibit some aggressive net play including poaching .
- I can hit balls consistently lower over the net.
- I can place my shots and move my opponent in order to create an opening and then take advantage of it.
Larry Siegler & Dick Krapfl
By clicking on the registration link you agree and understand to the ladder rules and skill level of play